From the ALSA wiki
Revision as of 14:41, 21 April 2007 by Ingomueller.net
This is a collection of other resources about ALSA than this wiki.
There is a page on the official site about the mailing list.
- alsa-user: subscription - archive
- Write to this list if you need a help with the installation or setup of ALSA packages.
- alsa-devel: subscription - archive before march 2007 - archive since march 2007
- Write to this list if you would like to work on the driver, library or an ALSA application.
- http://www.alsa-project.org/ -- The official ALSA web site (often not very up to date or complete, that's why this wiki exists)
- http://www.alsa-project.org/documentation.php -- Official documentation
- http://www.alsa-project.org/applications.php3 -- ALSA based applications
- About the .asoundrc file:  -  - 
- The Mantis bugtracking system for ALSA: http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/
- Two compilations of information and links about ALSA and latency issues under Linux:
- http://www.sabi.co.uk/Cfg/ALSA/ -- Some sample
asound.conffiles, the main one of which is fairly universal (for cards without hardware sharing) and contains an illustration of many advanced techniques
- http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?id=7 -- List of supported USB devices
- Sound trouble shooting article of the ubuntu wiki
Audio under Linux
- Linux Audio Users and Developpers (LAU/LAD)
- http://lau.linuxaudio.org/ -- Linux Audio Users (LAU) -- Collection of HOWTOs and other articles about ALSA and related topics
- See above for their mailing list
- http://www.mstation.org -- News and Information
- A collection links about reverb
- http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=9713 -- List of usefull basic console commands
- http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/softinstall.html -- Installing software from source in Linux
- http://www.tldp.org/ -- The Linux Documentation Project
- http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ -- A linux forum with a lot of categories
- http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showforum=9 -- General hardware linux forum
The following sites don't seem to work anymore. They are only kept here for completeness' sake. Feel free to remove.
- http://www.sonic.net/~rknop/linux/debian_alsa.html -- Compiling a custom Kernel and ALSA modules for Debian, making Debian packages that live happily with the Debian package management system.
- http://dolby.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/dolby.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php - a description of what dolby /prologic, II, digital 5.1,surround EX 6.1;7.1/ really mean