From the ALSA wiki
This page is for everyone to contribute ideas for projects, bounties, enhancements and proposals. Please contribute your feedback or ideas below these points by using a number to refer to. Christoph Eckert also has some usability improvement ideas.
- As conf files are often modified, alsaconf should be able to configure several cards in one way.
SoundBase is a proposed new application/tool for ALSA / OSS configuration and execution. It would use Ncurses to select to:
- Enable / disable and load/unload Oss/Alsa kernel sound modules and restore old configurations (changelog file).
- Execute alsaconf.
- Enable/disable the default sound mixer, load/unload alsa/oss mixer and execute alsamixergui.
- Select the output configuration for popular players (XMMS / Xine...).
- Configure MIDI (hardware or software SoundFonts, midi default player and midi plugins).
- Execute XMMS with midi plugin and support.
- Execute aplaymidi.
- Execute timidity.
Software emulation of full-duplex for odd cards
Well, many laptops have odd soundcards that don't support full-duplex at all, which makes it hard to use applications for internet telephony such as Skype. In such configurations to change the sound card is rarely an option. Is it at all possible to create a driver/plugin that is capable of emulate the full duplex feature on these cards (e.g. using the old fast switching trick)? In any case, thanks for the fantastic job you have already done!
EMU audio card series
I don't know whether this is the place to ask, but I have seen (in forums) some people express an interest in getting support for the EMU (creative) audio card series. Unfortunately, I bought the EMU 1212M, which is a great card, but isn't supported on anything but windows. I would love to have those drivers so that I could completely switch over to linux. Thanks Jay
I think the windows driver for the EMU0404 is the same driver as the 1212. I hope this will add 0404 support as well is the same works out for the EMU10K driver changes.