From the ALSA wiki
- Born: 1957
- Home: Byron Bay, Australia
- I like mucking around with sound.
- I play guitar and have worked in feature films, particularly doing Foley tracks.
- I was given a computer in 2003 and managed to crash Windows on the first day.
- I got a Debian Linux CD from the newsagent and managed to install after three weeks trying...
- I built a 64bit box in November 2004, installed Debian pure64 sid, and started learning about sound and Open Source.
- AMD64 Athlon 3000+
- 1 GB RAM
- M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard.
- Altec Lansing 221 "monitors" hehehe...
- Beyer Dynamic mikes
- Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler/synth
- No preamps or mixer yet, I run the mikes thru the Ensoniq.
- OS: debian-pure64 Sid
- AGNULA/Demudi (32bit) on another partition
- Influences: In 1964 I spent a day in Manchester playing a stack of Beatles' 45s. I have been lucky enough to see Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin and the Stones and to hear Jimi played for the first time on Australian radio back in '67. These days I listen to anything and everything and play what I can.
- Regrets: I have missed out on seeing Tool three times now.
- Web page: www.norvalwatson.com
- Email: norv followedat longforest followedby com
No music on the Web yet.. coming soon!